1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We collect information in different ways from Users who may access our services.
2. Registration and Account Information. Subscribers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our services including name and email address.
- Customer Surveys. We may periodically conduct customer surveys. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. However, we encourage our Users to participate in these surveys because your survey answers provide us with important information that helps us improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information, if provided, will remain confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party service provider on our behalf.
3. USE OF INFORMATION. Passively collected information, such as information collected from or about your device including through the placement or reading of cookies or other tracking technologies is used to provide a customized experience as you use our services.
- Subscriber Contact/Account Information. The information collected from Subscribers is used to manage each Subscriber’s account and to promote other products or services that we believe may be of interest to the Subscriber. We may also generate aggregate profiles from information that Subscribers provide during registration (such as the total number of Subscribers in a given category).
- Analytics/Statistics. We use information gathered from our website analytics (for example, User IP addresses) to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer and optimize our website. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our website and make your browsing experience more responsive, efficient, or enjoyable. Any statistics gathered by us are proprietary property of the Company.
- Responses to Email Inquiries. When Subscribers send email inquiries to us, the return email address (and other personal information provided in the inquiry) is used to answer the email inquiry we receive.
- Customer Surveys. We may use the contact and other information provided to follow up with Users who respond to our customer surveys to help resolve issues internally. For example, we may contact Users based on their survey answers or to highlight certain changes we made in response to User feedback.
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR NON-IDENTIFYING AGGREGATED DATA. From time to time, we may share personal information with the Company’s other fully or partially-owned entities and brands to improve or offer new products or services that we believe may be of interest to our Users. We may also share personal information when we believe that such disclosure is required by law, to deliver a product or service, or as described below.
- Product and Service Partners. Some products or services are offered or promoted to Users in conjunction with a partner or sponsor. For example, we may partner with other corporate affiliates of the Company or with trusted non-affiliated partners for co-promotions of a particular product or service. We may share certain User information such as contact or demographic information, but no billing information, with such partners or sponsors in order to provide the relevant services or to run the promotion. If we share User information with such partners and sponsors, we require that they maintain the User information in confidence, and use the information solely for purposes of providing the services or carrying out the agreed upon promotion.
- Service Providers. We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information to third parties that help us provide our services or provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to administer surveys, or run promotions. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by our third party service providers in the United States or in other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Customer Surveys. We may share User information obtained from customer surveys within the Company and with trusted third parties to develop or provide products and services that we believe would be of interest to the User.
- Sale of Business. If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such change in ownership or use of your personal information as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Law Enforcement and Special Cases. We, or our service providers, may disclose personal information about Users, or information regarding your use of the services in response to governmental or legal requests (such as to a subpoena, search warrant, or court order), or as otherwise required to comply with applicable laws. We may also disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against a party that threatens us, our systems or our Users (for example, to prevent a Distributed Denial of Service, or DDoS, attack).
5. YOUR OPTIONS
- Public Forums. Please remember that any information you may disclose or post in our blog, testimonials, gallery, or other public areas of our websites or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas. To request removal of your personal information from our community forums or testimonials, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know why we are unable to do so.
- Unsubscribe/Opt-out. When you become a Subscriber of vomasmart.com, you are automatically subscribed to receive notices about your account and email newsletters.
- To unsubscribe from VoMaSmart, please update your preferences in your user profile or email us at email@example.com. You may also unsubscribe through the links provided in promotional email messages sent by us.
- How to Access or Modify Your Information. We allow you to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information we have in our custody or control by accessing your personal profile in your account or by contacting support via email. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
- To ensure you receive the information you need to manage your account and protect your privacy, please be sure to keep your contact information up to date. You can update all account-related information directly through your User Profile in the dashboard. Alternatively, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY. We have implemented measures designed to protect personal information in our custody and control. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. Unfortunately, no data storage or transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information in transit and as stored on our systems, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite our best efforts.
- Password. Your online access to certain personal information may be protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages).
8. CHILDREN UNDER 13. We do not seek to collect any personal information from children. If we become aware that personal information from a child under the age of 13 has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
This file was last modified November 10, 2014.